Jasper American Piano

Kevin E. Ramsey RPT ramsey@extremezone.com
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 21:15:43 -0800

If I could only learn the "false beat elimination" part of that, on one of
these beasts, I would sign up today. But I think that that is endemic to
these pianos, and I've never been truly successful with them. However, I'm
anxious to learn.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Roger Jolly
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2000 3:42 PM
  Subject: Re: Jasper American Piano

        ** Again, go beyond the normal to see what happens. I'm not even
seriously pushing for a class in maxing-out a Kimball console.

  Hey Terry, why not????? Sounds like a good idea.
  Two Kimball's or Betsy Ross spinets, Both slightly out of tune, one tuning
only the other voicing, string/hammer mating, hammer shaping, and false beat
elimination only.
  Let a Jury of piano players be the Judge, of the end musical results.
  I think there could be some suprising results, and some VERY sprited
debate afterwards.
  Sounds like fun, if every one would keep an open mind.

  Now the cat is among the pigeons.
  Roger

        It just sounded like an idea with some potential benefits, so I said
so.

    Roger Jolly
    Saskatoon, Canada.
    306-665-0213