Fazer bridge?

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 22:56:33 -0600

---------------------
>Kristinn Leifsson,

You must have an amazingly uniform climate there if this is unusual. Around
here, the weather is erratic enough that it happens altogether too often. I
got a call last week from a customer wondering what happened to the tuning
on his C7, since we normally don't see instability problems. In the week
since I'd tuned it, the room RH% had dropped from 47% to 36%. The piano did
just what it should have done under the circumstances and sounded pretty
nasty compared to what he was used to. When he gets his humidifier working
for the winter, he'll call me back for another tuning. I suspect that's
what happened to you too. A loose bridge should be as obvious as it is
unlikely. Are you recording RH% with each tuning? It's awfully cheap
ammunition against this sort of thing.

In a probably futile attempt to head off the inevitable fifteen reaction
posts on climate control - Yes, we had discussed this before, and no, he's
not interested in a Dampp-Chaser.

Regards,
Ron N