Fazer bridge? ahem...

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 11:31:55 +0000

Hey guys,
thank you, but of course I know about humidity drop.
Actually this piano was moved just a few weeks before I tuned it, but
should have settled enough, at least weīre used to that here.
I didnīt take readings, I normally donīt.  We have pretty steady heating
here, geothermal ya know, but normally the indoors climate tends to be a
tad dry.  There arenīt big swings in humidity as things go in regular
houses here, at least compared to places where most of you are from.

But what happened was that everything *except* the bass dropped.  Spot on,
from the first bass note.
The bass is still right up to pitch and in tune.
And the rest of the piano is "relatively" in tune with itself, that is, the
lowest tenor note upwards.  Did you get that?
Why would a drop in humidity not affect the bass?  And donīt tell me itīs
because of longer strings :-)

Many more thanks in advance,

Kristinn