Sluggish Aeolian Spinet Action

Dan Hallett Jr. dhalle@toolcity.net
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 22:55:40 -0500

I met a sluggish Kimball Spinet action today (Octave 7). The usual vodka
treatment didn't do much. I then used a hair dryer on the centers treated
with vodka. The action freed up quickly.
Hope this is of some use.

Dan Hallett

sluggish aeolian spinet action

Hi LIst,

    I have to work on a Hallet & Davis Aeolian spinet.  The action is very
sluggish and it isn't because of the keys which would have been an easy fix.
Any recommendations and/or short cuts? Is protek recommended or something
else like silicon/naptha that baldwin recommends.
    Would the real solution be to reflange all the culprits, this isn't an
easy task being a spinet.
    What about using heat on the action centers, with a modified heat gun?

    Any and all suggestions would help thanks,

Eliot Lee