how high(low) do you go?

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 20:28:56 EST

>>How high are you willing to tune a piano, when circumstances require it?
A-442 would be about 8 cents high, right?  I assume you would go there?
Would you go 10 cents?  15?<<

 Greetings,
   I would be willing to go as far as the customer wants to pay for.  A-444
is not unheard of on the international concert stage, but I must ask, Why?  I
do think that the bass strings may be damaged by going up 20 cents and then
coming back down, especially if it happened several times.  Anybody have
evidence of this?
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT