how high(low) do you go?

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 20:40:44 -0800

Several years ago when we had our Hallet & Davis 52" upright tuned, I
noticed he brought it DOWN somewhere around 50-75 cents, maybe even 100 in
places!  Our previous tuner hadn't used a meter at the time (but then I was
fairly young and inexperienced and not really paying much attention) and I
noticed this tuner was using a meter.  It is currently very near A-440
(regularly tuned twice a year until a few years ago when we stored it at a
friend's house.  When we got it back in the house, I tuned it and it was
about 30 - 40 cents flat in the middle and only about 10-15c flat in the
bass and high treble) with about 3 badly out-of-tune (25-35c) unisons.