EEEK Princess Ingrid!

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 16:40:03 +0000

Friends and colleagues,

Ugh, I had a terrible experience just now.

I was called to tune a spinet, I donīt remember the name (Eavestaff, or
something).

"As used by H.R.H.
Princess Ingrid
of
Sweden"

it said.  What a dog.

It had some billion single string unisons, or so it felt.
It was in a private school somewhere out in a lava field, and kids
everywhere.

This almost beats the last Friday, where my fifth piano after a couple of
concert tunings was an old Walters, the worst underdamper piano Iīve seen,
although it was probably very good in its day.
That wasnīt the scandal. The scandal was that it was to be used as
accompaniment for a choir, for a concert that the Icelandic president, none
other, was to be attending.

"You know, this isnīt just some concert, my young man."
"Oh?"
"OOOH yes the president is going to be attending!"
"He is, is he?"
(Of course, I was thinking) "This piano is no more.  It has ceased to
be.  Itīs expired and gone to meet its maker .  This is a late piano.  Itīs
a stiff. Bereft of life, it rests in peace.  If you hadnīt kept it, it
would be pushing up the daisies.  This is an ex-piano."

Well, that was stolen from Monty Python, Iīm not that funny.

Oh, yes, anyway, my question;

"Are there many Princesses Ingridses out there?"  And what would a princess
be doing with such, ... excrement?

Best regards,

Kristinn