Rhodes Piano

Bud Schwab budschwab@earthlink.net
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 17:50:48 -0800

It's been a long time since I tuned  a Rhodes piano.  I believe they are
capable of being tuned a half step off.  One thing about tuning the tynes
is that if you touch them too long the warmth from your fingers will cool
off a little later and will go out of tune somewhat.  So just move the
spring a little and then remove your hands while you test the note.
Hope that helps and isn't too confusing.

Bud

  At 08:12 PM 11/29/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Could someone explain the tuning procedure for tuning a Rhodes Piano?
>I have a customer that wants to use it in his band, but they tune a half step
>down. I was not sure that this would be possible since the are designed to be
>tuned at A440.  Any information would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Tim /PTG Associate

                                                 Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P