removing Backchecks

Thu, 30 Nov 2000 21:36:47 +0100

I take a thin piece of wood about 1/4 inch thick and a pair of wire cutters,
wedge with the peice of wood and grab onto the bottom of the Backcheck wire with
the wire cutters and lever the thing out.

I suppose there is an actuall pull tool for this job, but this way has always
worked fine.

Why are you removeing the wire from the key if all you are going to replace are
the checks themselves ?

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.