Puzzler for a quite Sunday. :-)

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 10:48:26 EDT

In a message dated 9/30/00 10:53:17 PM Central Daylight Time, JIMRPT@AOL.COM
writes:

<< "There is a clicking noise in this key and in the key on either side but
not
 as noticable as in this key" and "the noise only happens sometimes and only
 on the upstroke of the hammer" (The customer was a VERY good player:) (the
 keys were A#4, B4 and C4.)

  I tuned the piano, did a little voicing and then addressed the problem of
 the "clicking" by the judicious use of a 'tiny' bit of felt............
 What was the clicking noise?
 What did I do to stop the clicking?
 Have fun! :-)
 Jim Bryant (FL) >>

My guess is that the damper upstop rail screw was loose. The other theory is
that the upstop rail was missing some felt. But on a fairly new piano, I
would have to go with the loose screw.

Willem