Puzzler for a quite Sunday. :-)

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 14:32:12 EDT

<<"My guess is that the damper upstop rail screw was loose. The other theory
is
that the upstop rail was missing some felt. But on a fairly new piano, I
would have to go with the loose screw.
Willem">>

Nope, the damper upstop rail screws were all good and tight and all the felt
was intact. :-)
jb

<<"Without being there this is just a guess, but the occasional nature of the

click hints at the damper action ,damper  lever to key interaction , upstop

rail? Now I`m really guessing. Tom Driscoll">>

Well Tom sometimes "being there" don't help all that much either. :-)
Your thinking followed mine, care to pinpoint a little closer?
jb

<<"Bare spot where fallboard felt should be (for whatever reason)?  Or
contaminated/hardened area of fallboard felt?
Paul S. Larudee, RPT">>
No Paul, not in this instance.
jb

HINT: There was a playing level where the "click" was only apparent in the
middle key but as the playing level got progressivly harder the "click"
appeared in the two adjacent keys.
Jim Bryant (FL)