Wanna be piano tuner

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 18:48:25 -0700

Hello Melissa,

This does seem like a new question, at least on this list.

There are good and bad correspondence courses and it sounds like you had
one of the bad ones. The Arthur Reblitz book is a very good way to start
getting the basics, especially for repair and rebuilding work. Hooking
up with a mentor, someone who is working full time on pianos, would be
another positive step, particularly where tuning is concerned. Maybe
others could recommend some correspondence courses or schools.

I happen to live near you (Santa Cruz) and would be willing to talk with
you on the phone if you have questions. There are also people on this
list in the Santa Clara chapter of PTG that might be willing to help.

Good luck in your quest and I hope you realize your dream!

Tom Cole, RPT
831-459-9910