NPR--Good list etiquette?

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 17:01:20 -0500

Hi folks.

In one sense, I hate to bring this up as it might offend some, but please
regard this as a suggestion only. :-)

Sometimes it is aggravating for me to come home and read through a load of
posts completely unrelated to technical things. The subject line has long
since been abandoned in favor of chit-chat and repartee. While I believe
that such is good (in its place) and should be on the list, I also have days
where I would rather not even read it, and not waste time scrolling down the
page only to find zero about piano technology.

Therefore, my fellow list participants, I offer the following suggestion.
:-) If we want to talk about something other than piano technology, just add
"NPR" to the beginning of the subject line. "NPR" would stand for "Not Piano
Related." This way, when the tired technician does not want to read anything
other than technical stuff, he can delete the fluff immediately rather than
scrolling to find one-liners and deleting in disgust.

How about this? Would this not be a way to deal with NPR stuff? It is
reasonable and quite practical. It would take only a few seconds before
sending to insert "NPR" into the subject header, and would allow some (maybe
only me) the choice of deleting without reading.

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS

P.S. Now if we could only delete the other NPR: "Nasty Propaganda Radio"
.....but that belongs on another list entirely. :-)