Puzzler for a quite Sunday. :-)

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 23:34:34 EDT

In a message dated 10/01/2000 11:18:27 PM, Ron N. wrote:

<<"Man, there's always another weird one out there waiting for us, isn't
there?">>
It shore seems like it huh? I actually think this one was planted by NJH to
try and perplex me! :-)

<<" I often resort to thumping on things in the vicinity of the mystery.
Is that how you found this one? Seems likely.">>

I was just about to get to the 'thump everything in sight' stage when I
noticed the warping in the rail. I was looking down through the strings to
see if there was anything visible that might be causing the clicking, since
it was just on those three keys, when I noticed this strange little warping
right in the area of the clicking. I tried to get the clicking by striking
the underlever with my finger...no noise....I tried tapping the rail against
the belly rail..no noise...I slid the action back in and could see the rail
slap the belly rail when one of those three keys was struck with a hard blow
with attendant clicks........ I am just 'lucky' to have found it so quickly
cause this could have turned into a real headscratcher! :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)