Hitch Pin Placement

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 18:07:44 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: <JIMRPT@AOL.COM>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2000 12:52 PM
Subject: Re: Hitch Pin Placement

> In a message dated 10/01/2000 11:02:41 PM, Terry wrote:
>
> <<"Presumably I will fix it.">>
>
> Terry;
>  Let's 'assume' that the strings are in the designed position....what are
you
> going to "fix"?
>  It is not unusual to find lesser, and some better, makes with a hitch pin
> offset such as this. I don't pretend to know why...... but also I don't
> change them unless there is a VERY good reason to.
> My thoughts.
> Jim Bryant (FL)

Well, that is just what I am trying to do. Understand it. I am aware that a
variety of alignment mistakes are commonly made during piano construction
and I am trying to ascertain whether this is likely one of them. I like to
correct what I can easily do. If this is a mistake, and a detriment to the
piano, I would consider that a very good reason to make the change. It is a
very quick and easy one to do.

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida