Accutuner Battery

Michel Lachance michel_lachance@hotmail.com
Tue, 03 Oct 2000 18:25:18 EDT

Shawn,

I don't have any written material but certainly remember how to change the
battery in the SAT I or II (don't know about the SAT III).

The battery in the SAT consists of a pack of 4 AA nic-cad type cells.  I
don't know where to find the pack as a whole.  What I did is to solder four
AA rechargeable batteries in series and tape the whole thing.  If you are a
little more ambitious, you will see that there is enough room in the SAT to
put a second pack of battery connected in parallel with the first one in
order to double the battery life.

It is very important to keep your SAT plugged with the adaptor when you
change the battery in order to keep the program alive in the machine.

Last recommendation, you should attempt this only if you are very familiar
with electronics.  Soldering batteries is not a piece of cake.  In special
electronic stores you can buy nic-cad batteries with small tongues already
soldered on it which makes the job much easier.

Hope that answers your question.

Michel Lachance, RPT