Key Ratio

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Wed, 04 Oct 2000 07:49:29 -0400

At 12:16 PM 10/04/2000 +0200, you wrote:
><snip>
>What I am wondering about is if this is a case of design failure or not. Could
>the manufacturer have actually figured the key ratio by measuring from the
>wrong spot ??.
> > Richard:

The man'f'r could have located the keyframe between the key slip and fall
board,
then situated the stack for strike point and then placed the capstan under the
center of the whippen cushion.

Or, the balance rail holes could have been drilled in the wrong spot, oops.

Once you start experimenting with different key ratios most of your questions
will be answered by your own observations.

Regards,