felt knuckles????

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Wed, 04 Oct 2000 10:09:13 -0600

At 07:05 AM 9/30/2000 -0500, Conrad wrote:
>Listers,
>At 20:23 09/29/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>
>> >...And Keith - I've got an M in my database that beats yours by a
>> >year: #372213, 1961.
>> >- Mark
>>
>>If you mean the white felt knuckle, I have been unable to find a documented
>>reference to date as to its existence, let alone it's introduction and
>>demise.
>>Keith McGavern
>

>I have documentation of felt knuckles as late as 1967. {~SN 403xxx}

I have one on my books from a year later... an L serial # 409315 built in
1968. I replaced them with stock S&S knuckles about 10 years ago and they
went in with no problems. I kept the old set for reference and can put up a
photo of them if anyone's interested.

                         John

John Musselwhite, RPT    -     Calgary, Alberta Canada
http://www.musselwhite.com  http://canadianpianopage.com/calgary
email: john@musselwhite.com    http://www.mp3.com/fatbottom