Clean unisons

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 11:24:53 EDT

In a message dated 10/05/2000 8:44:45 PM, Bruce G. wrote:

<<"Detuning a purely capable piano doesn't do it for me.">>

Bruce;
 I agree with you here but...........tuning for a customer is not about what
it does for you, me, or Linda, it is about what the customer wants to hear.
The question we all must face is whether or not we will alter our own desires
enough to satisfy the customer. If we will, no problem. If we won't, then we
need to say so, explain why, perhaps DOC, and if an agreement can't be
reached suggest that another 'more suitable' tuner be called.

 For those who may insist that 'only clean unisions will do' I ask "what of
the pianos where there can only be a small number of unisons that may truly
be tuned 'cleanly'? Do you leave them standing out and providing stark
differences of tonal quality??
 I truly love to hear a piano tuned where each and every unison is as "clean"
as possible. I truly love to hear a piano where the "presence" is
outstanding. The two are not always mutually exclusive.
Jim Bryant (FL)