clean unisons + Bluthner gossip

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 21:30:18 -0400

Sounds like Jimi Hendrix is back from the dead and playing piano!

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Linda Str=E5hle=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, October 06, 2000 11:47 AM
  Subject: clean unisons + Bluthner gossip

  I=B4m thinking about if there is a differnse how to tune a unison with =
loop around the hitchpin or if it is three separate strings in the =
unison.=20

  Like on Bosendorfer, Bluthner and others.

  I met a japanese tech at Bluthner trained first in Japan and then at =
Bosendorfer. He now works at Bluthner . He said that he tuned wide =
unisons.
  I never thought about that until now.

  Another friend from Bluthner told me some days ago that they are =
making a totally inverted grandpiano.
  So the highest treblenote will be on the left side of the keyboard and =
the last bassnote on the right side.!!!!
  How weird is that?
  They are only doing one ( yet ) specially designed for an american =
guy.
  The story is that he was walking around at the Frankfurk Musikmesse =
and asked all the manufacturers if the could build him this piano.
  Everyone said now except Bluthner.
  The instrument is not finished yet. Will be in some months, said my =
friend.

  Imagine how music will sound on that piano or how difficult it would =
be to tune it.
  To do the temperament with a mirror on the side to hit the right =
notes..

  Totally inverted,

  Linda Str=E5hle
  Sweden=20