Concert attendance

JStan40@AOL.COM JStan40@AOL.COM
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 00:00:52 EDT

In a message dated 10/6/00 1:53:41 PM Central Daylight Time, Gina Carter
writes:

<< I tune the piano for every rehearsal and every performance. I also charge
 more for these tunings than my normal tuning rate. The extra amount I charge
 does not even closely come near the actual amount of time I spend. In my
 mind, however, the educational opportunities for better understanding the
 instrument and better understanding the music more than compensate.

 Besides, I love hearing the music. Pure self-indulgence.

 If you want to start attending the concerts, talk to your powers that be
 about how they really need you to be there and you won't even charge them
 for your time at the concert. (Is that called scoring points? :-)

 Gina >>

And, Gina and List, every musician on that stage knows you are there and is
cognizant of your concern, your professionalism and the love you have for the
music that they are performing..........having been a member of such an
orchestra, and having a strong interest in the pianotech area, I made it a
point to get to know the techs who serviced the stage pianos.  I found that
they followed much the same way of doing business as Gina does, and they were
appreciated whether they were ever needed during a performance or not.

You're my kind of musician, you are!

Stan Ryberg
Barrington IL