One of THOSE days

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 09:40:51 EDT

In a message dated 10/9/00 8:53:02 PM Central Daylight Time,
rodneycp@bellsouth.net writes:

<< The plugs of choice were 1/2" dowels.  Whoever drilled the holes for the
 dowels also drilled into the keybed and apparently no thought was given
 as to how long the dowels should be.  They extended above the keybed and
 into the keyframe, locking it in place - good thing this action didn't
 shift.

 I was able to lift the bass end of the keyframe enough to get my flush
 cut saw in there and slice the dowels off.  >>

Another solution to this problem, if you can't raise the keyframe enough for
the saw to get in, would have been to drill out the plug. There is a hole in
the key frame already, so drilling out the plug wouldn't have created a new
problem.

Willem