Wurly Warranty Situation

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 05:50:25 EDT

 Bill writes:
<< If you bash one brand of piano, you bash them all, yourself and everyone
else
in the business.  There is no benefit to doing it, we've heard it all before,
so just don't. >>

Greetings,
     I must disagree,  there are instruments built and sold with the absolute
minimum of engineering, execution, and service.  These are instruments
designed to meet a low market price point with the least expense, and they
are junk.  Every possible way of building them cheaply is exploited, and the
expected life of these pianos is quite short for the sellers.  Unfortunately,
 the buyers are often thinking they have made a life-time investment, and
don't understand why after a year or two, the service costs begin escalating
until finally, they cannot afford to maintain the piano at all.
    Giving an honest appraisal of what these things are worth is not
"bashing" all brands and all technicians, it is an attempt to keep customers
from tossing their hard-earned money into a bottomless pit.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT