Wurly Warranty Situation

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 19:21:13 EDT

When I said, " there are instruments built and sold with the absolute
 minimum of engineering, execution, and service.
<snip>
     Giving an honest appraisal of what these things are worth is not
 "bashing" all brands and all technicians, it is an attempt to keep customers
 from tossing their hard-earned money into a bottomless pit.    >>

Bill Bremmer replies:
 Just remember, you are not in one of Ed Foote's recording studios and what
is
relevant to him there usually will not apply to most other situations.  You
can count on that. >>

   It appears that a leap has been made from a general description of junk
pianos to some imagined impugnation of a specific brand.  I was not speaking
in particular of Wurlizters, the thread has gone beyond that.  If somebody is
so attached to the marque, God bless'em.
   As far as attempting to portray my advice as irrelavent because of the
nature of some of my more visible clientele, I can only say the recording
studios hired me because I am obsessive/compulsive about the work I do, it
doesn't matter where it is or what it is used for, homes or schools or
stages.  Most good techs I know are sorta like that, I think.
    Also, most good techs I have met are secure enough to find no need for
saracasm.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT