Sounds good to Me.

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 13:37:05 -0500

>2 cents worth:...So, "some piano is better than no piano"?
>Not really.
>Roy Ulrich

I have to side unequivocally with "Some piano is better than no piano",
presented by Ron Lindquist, with the a qualification, depending on the
individual and surrounding circumstances that exist concerning that piano.

I have witnessed individuals progress to remarkable levels with
unbelievable joy in their hearts on pianos that I personally would not
consider owning, do not necessarily enjoy servicing, and would easily be
considered not worthy of receiving any attention by many piano service
persons.

At the same time, I have witnessed remarkable instruments sitting idly by,
with no progress or interest from their owners whatsoever, that I
personally would consider owning, do enjoy servicing, and that would easily
be considered worthy of any and all efforts to maintain by many piano
service persons.

>> We are all of course entitled to our own opinions and evalutations...
>> Richard Brekne

That, of course, is the substance of any generic comments made concerning
the value or non-value of a piano, especially when qualified as junk, as I
understand the intent of the word to have originally meant cheap, shoddy,
or worthless, and is also the substance of any generic comments made
concerning the worthiness of whether a piano should receive piano service
or not.

Opinions here, and evaluations there, add up to zilch, unless accompanied
with relevant information, and that is not easily acquired through internet
postings, but by actual day to day visitations.

So what I've just posted thus far: is it an opinion, evaluation, judgement,
view, belief, conviction, notion, sentiment, position, idea, estimation,
fact, stuff, bilge, trash, idiocy, balderdash, blather, bunkum, claptrap,
drivel, eyewash, piffle, poppycock, rigmarole, tomfoolery, twaddle,
whatever...

How will one ever know?  Yes, how will one decide who is telling it like it
is, who isn't, and all the gray area in between.  Of course, I have no
choice but to leave it in your capable hands, you, the individual, to make
the decisions for yourselves, based on your own experience, to ultimately
decide when, where, and what the real truth is concerning, "Some piano is
better than no piano."

Anchors away,

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician