separated back

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 08:59:20 +0000

At 18:58 12.10.2000 -0400, you wrote:
>Sorry, Clyde, I thought everyone understood "It's (he's) dead, Jim!"
>I guess I'm just showing my advanced age.  It's hard for me to believe
>that there are adult piano technicians out there who probably were not
>even born when that phrase was popular!    Sorry :(

Hi Carol, I understood it right away, and Iīve only seen a handful of the
old Trek.
But of course, Iīm Betazed <snicker, snicker, snicker, mars >
So fear not, your voice is heard and understood by a variety of us, even if
I didnīt get that "voicing through the top of the strings" thing. :)

However, with modern transporter technology the piano might be sal-vegetable.
Thatīs what Iīve thought about, how are pianos gonna be in the 24th century?
I remember Picard having a female friend play the "piano", she brought with
her a keyboard made of plastic that was just rolled up.  She threw it open
on the floor, played it, and it sounded like a D. :)

Northern lights blazing every night,

Kristinn