Sounds good to Me.

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 18:05:21 -0500

>...In reality these cases are extreme exceptions,

The examples I cited are far from extreme.  They are more common than one
might like to accept or believe, certainly in the area I have serviced for
many years.

>the rule is rather

I don't buy into the unsupportable cliché 'the rule is rather'.

> that the young student becomes frustrated
>and quits, due in no small part to the poor
>function of the piano itself...
>Richard Brekne...

This is the *fundamental* concept of why piano service individuals exist.
To help poor funtioning pianos function better, until circumstances clearly
present themselves that this can no longer be done.

I gave up being concerned for what someone else chooses to own, whether it
be a piano, or a car, or a house, or whatever other piece of property.
When I am called to tune and/or repair a piano, that is the mission to
which I have been entrusted, not to make judgement calls regarding the
material conditions of the customer's current life situation by suggesting
they replace what they own, just because it doesn't measure up to any
standards I might have established.

If, on the other hand, I am unable to satisfy the customers needs for
whatever reasons, and if the door opens of a 'what to do' from the
customer, then I am at liberty to discuss alternatives.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild