Rebuilt Steinway

Deb Rodgers debarodgers@hotmail.com
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 19:30:34 GMT

Dear List,

I am piano teacher living in West Chester Penn. I am interested in
buying a Steinway grand. I am hoping that my someone can answer a
question that I have in regard to this particular piano. Feel free to Email
me privately if you like.

This piano is being rebuilt by someone that I believe is a quality craftsman
however the soundboard has a small crack in it which will be repaired.  I am
told that the crown is in fine condition.  There is a 10 year warranty on
the piano.  I was told in the past that I should not consider the purchase
of any piano that has a crack, even it is repaired.  I am interested in
purchasing this piano however my major stumbling block is the craked
soundboard.   I would like some advice from other experts as to whether I
should consider purchasing this piano.
           Thank you in advance,
           Deborah Rodgers