Capstan Relocation

Sun, 15 Oct 2000 21:35:05 +0200

Newton Hunt wrote:

> >  the picture is more complicated that just these measurements
>
> You are absolutely right.  My point was, and is, that those
> numbers are where you _start_.  There are many other factors
> to account for but without understand David's system you
> have almost no hope of coming to a "best" solution to an
> action problem.  It was not obvious to me from the early
> posts that there was that understanding in place.  Hence my
> soapbox.

Grin... Newton... thats the point now aint it ?? that understanding is not
in place... thats why folks like Terry and I ask questions. Not to worry
tho... I am, and I believe Terry probably is also the type that will figure
it all out sooner or later... no matter how many Bostons or Duysens we have
to tear into. But it would be nice with a bit of dialouge beyond the
obvious when such queries are posted. Grin... God knows I dont know enough
about any of this stuff yet to be giving any solid advice...

Stanwoods "method" is (cant possibly be) fundementally at odds with
previous knowledge on the subject matter so there should be plenty things
to talk about even for Stanwood licensees that doesnt breach his patent
protection stuff. As far as I can see, Stanwood takes an approach to action
geometry that is, shall I say, "weight priority" founded, instead of
"lengths priority". And it does so to provide a more predictable way of
achieving intended design results in a way that is more cost effective then
present standard factory proceedure.

This stuff is the real meat and potatoes of action work, and seems more
akin to the "sauce".. should be more discussion about it if you ask me. How
else can we uppgrade our skills aside from investing thousands of dollars
in a licencing program and that before we really have refined enough basic
understandings to really benefit fully from such programs ??

Terry asks for help in a real problem he wants to start being able to deal
with. You guys in the real know should be giving him a real hand.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.