Different question about heater bars

Ray T. Bentley Ray@Bentley.net
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 08:45:40 -0500

When I find a damppchaser without a humidistat, I always advise leaving it
unplugged until such time as a humidistat is installed.  I explain that it
is like having a furnace with no thermostat.

I have found too many church pianos 50 or more cents flat in the dead of
winter because the damppchaser was still plugged in.  The extra tuning
required to get the pitch back on track equals or exceeds the cost of
installing a humidistat.  I refuse to install one without it!

Ray T. Bentley, RPT
Alton, IL