Different question about heater bars

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 21:15:41 -0500

> Farrell wrote:
>>
>> Gee whizz Richard. You of course know that it pains me to an unimaginable
>> extent to suggest that my thoughts might be more valid and someone else may
>> be, er, a, less than correct, BUT.....
>>

> You isolate the system far too much, and over simplify the situation as
> such... grin... Number one.. you cannot discount the back side of the piano..
> or the exterior of the piano otherwise... Equilibrium will always take the
> easiest path. And the easiest path is air ... from wherever it leaks in...

Good grief Richard, enough already! You aren't going to convince Terry that
heat doesn't dry out soundboards. Wanna guess why? Soundboards don't seem to
show any interest in semantics and high concept. They aren't much interested in
RH% either, but the resulting changes in EMC sure get them moving. Remember
pianos going flat in the winter and sharp in the summer? Remember Dampp-Chaser
systems and how they ameliorate humidity swings and stabilize seasonal tuning
drift - all with a few HEATER BARS??????? Hello, hello. Testing... testing...
<G>

Ron N