Different question about heater bars

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 07:29:59 -0400

Matt,

I am not aware of anyone in our area still installing heat bars without
humidistats.  The ones I find appear to have quite a bit of age to them.

I have a piano teacher client who bought a used 1991 Yamaha GH-1 grand about 2
1/2 years ago.  She went to a local dealer and bought a 48-50A heat bar and
wanted me to install it.  I was a little miffed at the dealer for selling her a
bar without a control, and one designed for verticals, at that.  Fortunately she
listened to me, returned the unit, and I installed two heat bars totalling 75
watts *with* a humidistat.

So a few of these may actually be installed by owners, but my guess is they are
the exception.

Regards, Clyde