CA and Bridge Pins

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 08:43:56 -0600

Hi Susan,

Yes--if the tuning pins are truely loose--use LOTS of CA. Use the thinest
CA you can find. Start at the bass and move to the treble, then start at
the bass again. I liked to treat the bass part of the block one *extra*
pass. Usually a 2 ounce bottle will give me 2.5 "passes" on the block. I
have used up to six ounces however.

To treat the bridge pins *without* removing the strings use an *extender*
which necks down to a "fine" opening. Touch the bridge pins at 180 degrees
from where the string is.

I like to leave the piano on its back for a week--particularly if I have a
reverse miniscus on the tuning pins. I also suggest because of my locations
humidity levels that this is a "one time" treatment and that if they wish
it to last they should consider humidity control.

Regards,
drose@dlcwest.com
http://donrose.htmlplanet.com/

3004 Grant Rd.