Yamaha voicing...and the famous Newton!

Richard Oliver Snelson rsnelson@dave-world.net
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 16:08:07 -0500

The piano is Yamaha C3.. Piano teacher has it in a very small room. The
piano sounds exactly as you would expect. Too loud..

Newton and I voiced it down (needle) a bit when he was here in Central
Ill. Aside from installing different hammers to make it not sound like a
Yamaha. What do you suggest? I have experience with steam voicing.
Controlled, using a wet cloth and a electric hammer iron. I'm reluctant
because of the discussion that went on here a few weeks, months ago
about not steaming Yamaha hammers. Teacher is willing to spring for
different hammers. This would get me piano lessons for the next couple
of years.. She is a good friend. Newton was stuck by her and I'm sure
would come back in a heart beat to install them also. Down boy!

Your help please,
Rich