Tilt it somehow

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@primenet.com
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 22:47:57 -0600

Hi Lynn,
The design of my tilter has two features added by myself.
After almost dumping a piano off the tilter when setting the piano back up,
I welded a longer sharp spur to keep the piano from slipping off. And the
second thing was to drill 1/8 inch holes in the two bolts that originally
held the 2 tilter cross braces in the open position.
(On small spinets sometimes I block up the bottom of the piano to keep the
tilter and piano from tipping back up as most of the weight is at the bottom
end of the tilter.)
This allows quicker setup and teardown. Mine is the tubular style and is
just short enough to fit in a Windstar van right behind the driver seat.
My first one was made out of  3/4 inch ply wood with a two foot radius on
the tilting end and 2x4 cross braces and two iron feet to pick up the piano.
It worked fine but I always worryed about being under or beside it if it
ever broke down.
Joe Goss