Pin torque - project

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 04:29:36 -0500

Terry,

<<.... The next day I decided to place the sample block onto
the table (to simulate its height in the piano) and use the same hammer
(smaller) that I used quite successfully on my last repinning/restringing
job.>>

Have you considered using an air hammer? I think that's what it is called,
anyway. It's the kind that the factories would use. I have a tech friend
that bought one after years of doing it the "old world craftsman" way. :-)
He now says it is the only way to go. I think they are available for around
$130-150.

I have yet to do a repinning job, but when I do, I will make a trip to the
candy store to pick up said item.

Just a thought.

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS