Stuph in Yamahas

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 06:41:15 -0500

> Are these pianos in the same building/home?

No

>Are the serial numbers similar?

All fairly recent purchases (within about a year).

>Is it dry?  Why the heck didn't you just wipe it off?  Are
>these white pianos?

It's dry powder, verified by dipping in a finger. I didn't just wipe it off
because the inside of the rim isn't polished polyester, but open grain
natural wood. if it's graphite, or something equally tenacious and non
soluble, I didn't want it looking back at me from the bottom of the grain
after the attempt.

>I would have immediately told the customers..."look
>what I've found"! and "what the heck is that?".  Now I have showed them the
>problem and enlisted them in the battle.  HEY! How about some sticky gaffers
>tape.

That's just it. I wasn't particularly interested in engaging in battle with
an unidentified something that has no effect on the piano's performance or
longevity.

>Carefully dab at it and maybe it will be lifted off...

Yea, MAYBE... there's the rub. Maybe it will vacuum off easier, but the
questions remain. What is it? How did it get there?

>Ron, you coward!
>David I.

Correct. The management reserves the right to restrict active engagement to
battles approved by the Committee for Discretionary Assessment of Relative
Merit.

Ron N