HT Experience

Fri, 20 Oct 2000 19:02:48 +0200

Well,, yes of course... but more then that I think our discussions, little as
they may or maynot be reflect the greater discussion about the same sort of
thing going on in the music world at large. Music has never stood too awfully
still for long.

David, let me ask you something. What is essentially wrong with the idea of
exploring / re-exploring all the different kinds of intervals that have been
constructed throughout tuning history. Musicians can create all kinds of effects
with these if they want to. What is wrong with us as piano tuners learning as
much as we can about how to create these various tunings for them ?

Personally, I see only positives in all of this. It can enhance our status, help
to educate the music public at large as to what we really do, and potentially
add lots of dollars or kroners as the case may be to our pocket books. Not to
mention the fun in exploring the vast world of sound at our disposal.

As for how this lists discussions influence the tuning and music world at
large... well hey.. look at Rogers experience... and look whats going on here in
Bergen.. none of this would have happened here and now had it not been for these
discussions. Further there are lots and lots of "listeners" out there reading
these posts in silence. Dont think they are not influenced one way or the other.
ET was a natural development, and so is the wish to re-discover territory long
since covered, this time with new technology, newer types of instruments and a
new mentality.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.