SV: Yamaha voicing...and the famous Newton!

Fri, 20 Oct 2000 22:44:51 +0200

I have heard this too Linda.. havent tried it tho... Another approach is sorta a combination steam and needle scheme. I have tried this on ultra hard hammers and it works really well. I give the shoulders about 30 deep shots down the shoulders, then zap them with steam same place. They tend to swell up a bit but you get this really nice "flexing" feeling when you press at the
crown with your thumb. This results in suprisingly good dynamics from soft to loud play.

This proceedure is for brand new hammers that havent been needled before.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.