Pin torque - project

Ward & Probst wardprobst@cst.net
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 06:05:19 -0500

Ron,

A trick I learned from Ari Isaac- suspend the air hammer with parachute
cord.  I attach the cord to a sliding fixture on an overhead beam. When you
let go of the device it levitates- oops slipped back into the sixties there
for a moment. If you attach the air hose to the parachute cord it keeps
everything off of the newly finished case. That way you have to be more
creative to smash it.
Creatively,
Dale
Dale Probst, RPT
Member, TEAM20001
PTG Annual Convention
Reno, NV --July 11-15, 2000
email: wardprobst@cst.net
(940)691-3682 voice
(940) 691-6843 fax
TEAM2001 website: http://www.equaltemperament.com/PTG/

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Ron Nossaman
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2000 7:57 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Pin torque - project

> Has anyone else tried an air
>hammer to install new pins??? How does it work????
>
>Terry Farrell

It's cold. I find it unhandy because of the awkwardness of handling hammer
and hose between string placements. But then, I settle coils and pull up
tension as I go, rather than doing a section at a time and driving them in
to finish height all at once. Not as efficient as it could be, but it suits
my natural rhythms and limited attention span. The air hammer puts them in
to depth, and past, FAST! You've got to stay awake.

Ron N