Piano Technician Correspondence Schools

Atsundo Aikawa aaikawa@ix.netcom.com
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 20:32:29 -0400

> Do any of you have any experience with either The American School of
> Piano Tuning or the Randy Potter School?
>
> Don Palmire

Yes, I do both.

I  took the course of The American School of Piano Tuning in '93. I
really do NOT recommend the course if you are serious about learning
piano tuning and piano technology. The course is fairly cheap but the
information included in the course is totally insufficient to tune or
regulate a piano.

Contrary, the course of The Randy Potter School is full of information
and is very detailed. I'm still working on the course and learning a
lot. It's a little more expensive than the ASPT, but it's worth more
than the money.

Atsundo Aikawa, Associate member, PTG