Sohmer

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 23:53:08 -0500

>  This has to be one of
>the most solidly built vertical pianos on the market today.  In my
>opinion -- and keep in mind, this is only my opinion -- the scale, plate and
>string terminations could easily be altered to eliminate those aspects of
>the design that are most offensive to the tuner/technician while
>substantially improving the performance.

I have to agree here. I don't have to deal with many of these, but those I
tuned last week for the killer bank sale had me thinking how close they
were to being real instruments. If they were only tunable as they could,
and should be for the $1.27 each it would take (well, OK, maybe a tad
more), they could easily be pianos to recommend, rather than something to
pass on to the next tech in frustration. Sadly, they aren't even close to
being the only new pianos in this category.

>  In my view as long as this
>remains the case piano sales will continue to slowly decline.
>
>But then, I've said all this already.  Check the Journal several years back
>for my article, "If It Ain't Broke, Break It!"
>
>Regards,
>
>Del

When it needs saying, by all means say it. Repeat as necessary, we don't mind.

Ron N