Action Analyses (was Capstan Relocation)

Sun, 22 Oct 2000 22:46:45 +0200

Bill Ballard wrote:

> And speaking of "ya ever look close there", did you ever watch a jack
> get momentarily pulled backwards (squashing the jack button felt)
> which the cycle first starts up?

Yepp.. noticed this right away dinking around with the spread on my action model.
Also notice that when the spread is just barely on the wide side  (jack center on
the perpendicular to hammershank at the knuckle with the hammer at rest) this
didnt happen. That seemed to be because the jack looked more like it was behaving
like a pivot during this portion of the keystroke. Instead of being dragged by
the knuckle,,, it rocked nicely on the knuckle while both  pieces were moving
through their respective arcs.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.