tuning question

Jay Mercier jaymercier@hotmail.com
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 19:02:51 GMT

On a more serious note, is there a typo here?

Yes, I meant 3 half steps - middle c would be an "a."

Technic - raise the pitch as fast as possible.  I performed about 4-5 passes
on that piano before even attempting to tune it.  Each pass should take no
longer than 15 minutes each.

For pitch raising I like to tune a quick temp. in about 2 minutes, proceed
to tuning octaves all the way to the top, then come back down tuning the
right string, then go back up again tuning the left string.  Then I pull the
bass up.  Then I do this procedure over again and again until the piano is a
few cents above a440.  Proceed to tune.

Jay Mercier