my data requests

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 09:33:55 EDT

In a message dated 10/24/00 8:20:00 AM Central Daylight Time,
hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu (Conrad Hoffsommer) writes:

<< Wrong! What it did was to show that _your_ ET was a pretty good RW.

Now you are caught!  This statement shows that even you do not understand
what a backwards version of a Well-Tempered tuning would be.  If I were to
believe what you and Don, the one who writes the alphabet after his name with
every post, a real, *valid* test would show the example I came across to be a
true ET and *my* ET would be the RW.  Sure.  And of course, the EBVT would
simply be unethical, a non-temperament since it didn't come out of a book and
you can't do it by dialing in deviations of an FAC program.

One of the assertions I've been interested in documenting is that the aural
tuners who talk the way you do about ET vs. HT almost always tune RW.  90% if
not more.  Post the numbers from one of your aural ET's and we'll see if that
applies to you, which I strongly suspect it does.

Read the first page of Owen's book and BELIEVE IT OR STUFF IT!

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin