my data requests

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 14:21:22 EDT

Conrad,

I don't have time to carry on this ridiculous argument right now and others
are complaining.  But I will do what you suggested and I will document some
of what I have said that I have long observed when I get the chance in the
near future.  I'll explain later how to look at the figures and see the
Reverse Well in them.

Someone else suggested that what I am saying is just too far fetched to be
true but I can assure you that it is a reality.  Yes, many people's attempts
at ET are passible and are accepted as such but some, and sometimes these are
highly respected, professional, even concert tuner types, come up with
blatently backwards tunings routinely.  If the public can accept those
tunings and even state a *preference* for them, they can accept just about
anything.

I didn't pull this Reverse Well concept out of thin air, I hear it nearly
every day and am even surprised when I don't find it, it is so common.  I
won't hear it today or tomorrow because today, I have all regular customers
and tomorrow, I have to tune 10 pianos at a school where I've had the account
for 21 years, 11 of them tuning non-ET, 9 of them EBVT.  No one has
complained yet, they just keep calling back.

Bye the way, when I said "the first page, I meant Section 1, not the preface.
 So far, I disagree with Owen on only one point I can think of, and that is
the statement about today's tuners being able to do such mathematically
perfect tunings.  I really think he said that just to avoid crucifixion.  A
few of the very best, yes, the majority, sorry but it just is not so.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin