Pin torque - project

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 23:31:44 -0400

Terry,
    This reply is a little late 'cause I've been out of town for a while. I
bought a "palm nailer" a couple years ago and use it for driving in tuning pins.
I REALLY like it!!! I reported on this some time ago but I'm sure many have not
read that post. The palm nailer fits nicely over the tuning pin and drives it in
smoothly but takes some getting used to because it is very fast. If you let it,
it can get away from you very easily. Since there are so many rapid blows there
is much less trauma to the plate and block. I'm thinking that one could possibly
even get away without the pin block jacks. I'm not gonna try it though.

Greg Newell