Steinway let-off screw repair

David Love lovedg@hotmail.com
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 06:27:11 GMT

Gentlemen:

So that there is no confusion about my suggestion:  I would not advise using
an 1/8" punch for the job.  A center-pin punch is more than adequate.  The
hole can then be sized with CA glue or, better, some epoxy resin.  Redrill
the hole if necessary and screw in the new screw.  By using a center-pin
punch, plugging or doweling the hole should not be necessary.

David Love