Piano Industry

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 12:32:26 -0600

Hi Lynn,

One reason that "keyboards" have so many sounds is that each sound is
inherently boring--so they need lots and lots of "goofy" sounds. It is like
the organ *boom*. Organs were popular not because they were *good* but
because they were cheap. Your basic casio keyboardist is going no where
musically speaking.

At 01:43 PM 10/28/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi John, I don't have a problem with kids using key boards, it's fascinating
>for them.  Bells and whistles, midi, etc. It will encourage music, but, if
>the next generation or shall I say this generation gets all wrapped up in
>these electronic devices, sales of the Acoustic piano will continue to go
>down, and more companies will close they're doors.  Lynn

Regards,

drose@dlcwest.com
http://donrose.htmlplanet.com/

3004 Grant Rd.