Petrov 125 IV noise problems

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 09:53:48 EST

In a message dated 10/29/00 8:28:12 AM Central Standard Time,
Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no writes:

<< From the sounds of things something is contacting the strings when they
are allowed
 to really vibrate at full amplitude. I even saw a Petrof come in once that
had the
 damper system regulated such that the lower end of the damper lever was so
close to
 the strings that many of them would actually contact the strings when the
key was
 depressed... lovely regulation stuff.

After reading this post, this is what I am suspecting might be the problem.
How do you solve it?  I would think reducing the swing of the damper rod,
and/or actually shaving off some of the damper level wood. Before doing
anything drastic, however, I think you should call Alan Vincent at Geneva
International 800-533-2388, to explain the problem, and get permission to do
any work. .
.
(snip)

 Grin... Wim of course doesnt have to deal with these Petrofs... for some
strange
 reason all of the Petrofs that come into his store are in perfect condition
and are
 almost as good as the best of European pianos for a quarter of the price...

 sorry Wim... couldnt help myself... all in fun... besides... I know why you
like
 them.. they do have a pretty nice overall sound.

I know it is in good fun. Actually, I have had some Petrof's come in that
have needed some work. But all in all, I have been very happy with the
products I am getting. Now, as far as a quarter of the orice is concenred. I
wish that was true. :):)

Wim